Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am a liar!

In my post on bodyweight exercises for strength building, I promised to provide some more challenging alternatives to the suggested movements in my next post. But then I got all distracted with that productivity and efficiency debate. Anyway, if you are finding any of the 'core four' movements I suggested too easy, try mixing in some of these alternatives:

  • 10 great variations on the bodyweight squat
  • if you are some sort of freak who finds standard pull-ups (done properly) too easy, try muscle-ups (btw - those Bar-barian dudes are kick-ass!!)
  • there are TONS of ways to switch up push-ups 
  • instead of sit-ups, try hanging knee raises (the mistake most people make is to not raise their butts - try it both ways and feel the difference in your core)
If you do nothing other than what these two posts contain, switching up your set / rep / interval scheme and choice of movements occasionally, you WILL get in phenomenal shape.

No excuses,

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment