Friday, September 18, 2009

9 of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard about fitness

Man, where did the week go? It's already time for another Friday Fun post. Anybody who is a gym goer or talks a fair amount about fitness with people will inevitably hear some absolutely ridiculous things. The following nine usually have a dual effect on me...first, I start to laugh b/c I think the person is joking; then, I cringe when I realize that, most times, they are not.
  • Squats are dangerous / bad for you
  • I can't work out because I hurt my knee / ankle / shoulder / wrist / earlobe / left nostril / etc.
  • I don't need to lift weights, I'm just trying to get lean 
  • Sister to the above bullet...I'm doing a ton of cardio so I can get lean
  • I just want to tone up, I don't want my muscles to get bigger
  • I haven't been working out because I've been traveling so much
  • I don't lift weights because I'll get too big
  • I just did an awesome two-hour workout!
  • Where's the Ab Roller?
Leave a comment with your reaction or additions!

No comments:

Post a Comment