Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Fun: 25 things you may or may not care to know about me

I'm starting a new category of posts called Friday Fun. As the name implies, these will be a little more light-hearted in nature (although I try to inject humor in most of my posts) and may or may not be related to fitness. In starting to write this post, the thought struck me that perhaps the 8-year anniversary of 9/11 is not the best day to do something as fluffy and inconsequential as what you are (hopefully) about to read. But I think the right thing for us all to do today is to spend time remembering, but also healing and moving on.

So, please join me in remembering all those we lost, praying for some level of comfort, strength and peace for all their loved ones, and thanking all the service men and women, rescue workers, civil servants, volunteers and everyday people who put the needs of others before their own.

OK, on to the first Friday Fun post. Originally, this was going to be a post about my "favorite" excuses people use for not exercising. But I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so I'm not feeling terribly creative. So, in the true fashion of a PR professional, I'm going to..."re-purpose" content. That's right, you get to enjoy something copied and pasted!!!

Those of you on Facebook likely remember the "25 things about me" craze from earlier in the year, where people listed 25 random things about themselves and then "tagged" their friends to do the same. Well, here are mine, for you unfortunate bastards that didn't get it the first time around...

1. I generally don't throw in with having heroes or idols, but I worship my wife and kids.

2. I have two tattoos (and want more). You win a prize if you can guess what and where they are. Disqualified if you already know.

3. My wife says when my son reaches dating age, I'm going to buy him condoms and when my daughter reaches dating age, I'm going to buy a shotgun. She's right on both counts.

4. I'm OK with the occasional double standard. (See #3.)

5. I love to cook and I'm damn good at it.

6. Modesty is not my strong suit.

7. I think people get way too wound up about way too many things. Relax.

8. I used to be a type A personality. (Now, I'm a B/B+)

9. San Francisco is my favorite place in the world. (Although, Chicago when the weather is good is a close second.) Massachusetts is WAY down on the list.

10. That said, you can't beat Fall in New England.

11. I didn't drink until I went to college, but quickly made up for lost time.

12. I've never smoked pot in my life, but have no problem when others do. In fact, I think it should be legalized.

13. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but really don't like when others do. In fact, I think they should be criminalized.

14. Being a life-long Yankees fan living in Massachusetts satisfies two intense desires: to be fiercely loyal and to be a contrarian.

15. I don't understand why, when in an argument, people get frustrated because I'm convinced I'm right. Of course I am. And you are convinced you are. That's why we're arguing.

16. I have a hot temper, but carry very few grudges.

17. I have been playing golf way too long to still be so mediocre.

18. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I've read each of the books too many times to count and seen each of the movies at least 3 times.

19. I've been in love with my wife to some degree or another since I met her in high school. She would have nothing to do with me back then, though.

20. My kids have me wrapped around their fingers. I'm sad if I can't get home before they go to bed. Leaving them to travel for work? Forget it. I'm nauseous and depressed for days before I leave.

21. I don't mind confrontation at all. If I'm being totally honest, I enjoy it ever now and then. My wife says it makes her start sweating when I confront people.

22. A shuffle mix on my iPod would be a random musical experience indeed.

23. I am a freak for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but Halloween doesn't do it for me at all. (I mean, come on, basically we're teaching kids to beg and/or extort.)

24. If I could only ever watch sports, Top Chef, Iron Chef America and This Old House, that would be OK.

25. I hate myself for doing this list. For those of you tagged, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment