Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The future of fitness training (or "Why your gym - and its trainers - suck")

I have been planning to do a post talking about why most commercial gyms and the personal trainers - or as my wife and I have always called them "rep counters" - that work at them suck. Yes, this is an over generalization. I'm OK with that.

Then I came across this post on Alwyn Cosgrove's blog from Thomas Plummer. And, you know what? I'd really struggle to say it any better than this.

Granted, this is a fitness business coach / expert writing to fitness professionals, but it is all based on what consumers are demanding.


Give it a read and let me know what you think.

No excuses,

Jesse

2 comments:

  1. I'm on board Jesse. I'd be more attracted to a club that provides economical, yet small, group conditioning programs that include nutritional/dietary education as well. I don't need every cool machine -- old school works when its fun, challenging and results oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Josh, (Kinda liking this whole 'other people saying it for me' thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete